So tomorrow I turn 22. Yes I probably will caption some lyrics to that Taylor Swift song on my IG I can only do it once right?! However, it got me thinking of all the things I have learnt, accepted and how I have grown in the last 21 years and even in the last year. I came up with a list of 21 things I have learnt, some are just advice others are things I plan to do in the near future;
1. You’re whole life doesn’t have to be figured out.
I finished University this time last year and am I any closer to figuring out what I want to do. Nope!
2. It’s okay to want to quit your job and be reckless sometimes
I feel like now I am in my twenties all these life decisions should be happening. When in reality all I want to do sometimes is quit the job, by the ticket and get the hell out of here! One day I will do this I promise..
3. Changing careers a million times won’t destroy your job prospects – who cares if you did 8 months in a coffee shop?!
4. Never be too afraid to do the thing you truly want to do because it isn’t the easy route or you just don’t know how to start
Advice from my mum she said she never wants me or my sister to look back with regret at the choices we make
5. Your happiness is just as important as others
6. Self love is so important to your health
7. It’s okay to stop talking to people who no longer have a positive effect on your life.
I have learnt this more in the last 6 months. Even if someone hasn’t done anything intentionally cruel, the way they act and their attitude towards you can actually be hurtful without you realising for a long time. I learnt that the hard way…
8. Feeling like you are ready to fly the nest doesn’t make you a bad persons (You may have seen my other blog post When It’s Time To Fly The Nest )
9. Counting calories doesn’t have to be an everyday thing drink the wine, eat the pizza and know that no matter what you weigh you will still have an AMAZING holiday!
10. Planning your life won’t make it any easier! The script will always change
11. Live in the now it’s all we have
12. It’s okay for some chapters to end without anything said at all. Whether this be with parents, friends or loved ones. Sometimes it does just end.
13. Don’t regret anything that makes you who you are.
14. Forgive yourself you’re only human
15. It’s okay to not have a close friends right now maybe it just takes times
16. Apply for the damn TEFL course get out of this job and move country!
17. Never not do anything out of fear or past failures
18. Not every change is a failure and it doesn’t have to define us
19. Be who you are, not who the world expects you to be
20. Someday you will look back on your journey and know the moments you were low or the job you hated were all just learning curves in life!
21. In a year from now I hope things are different I hope I have got out of this job, applied and completed the TEFL course. Be in some new part of the world. And most of all be happy with the choices I’ve made and the life I am living!
I urge everyone to write a list! It actually has made me feel more motivated than ever. I hope everyone has a good day I’ll be drinking wine in the sun, celebrating being another year older. Also watching England in the World Cup it has to be played on my birthday doesn’t it!